Thursday, April 15, 2010

Breaking it down.....

If you want to reach a goal, you must "see the reaching" in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal.
~ Zig Ziglar


Ahhhh goals, you gotta love them. Setting mini ones can help you along the road to the main event and help stave off some of that annoyance of how long the journey is taking. That is, in large part, why I set myself the 7 week challenge after seeing the idea on Prior Fat Girl's blog. And you know what? It's helping. Knowing that I have all these mini goals to achieve every week gives me something smaller to work towards. It's a lot less daunting than when I think about the fact that my MAIN goal is still 60kgs away.

So how did this past week go? Let's have a look shall we?

Goal #1 - Work out a minimum of 5 days a week - GOAL MET!

Of the three mini goals that I set myself, this was the hardest. That surprised me, but I did it!!

Thursday - 45 minutes swimming (50 lengths)
Friday - Day off
Saturday - 30 minute walk
Sunday - 45 minutes swimming (50 lengths)
Monday - 1 km on treadmill & 8.4 kms on bike
Tuesday - 1.5 kms on treadmill & 8.5 kms on bike
Wednesday - Day off

I think that going forward I will use Wednesday as a definite day off, because it's hard to fit my meeting AND a workout in that day.

Goal #2 - Drinking more water - GOAL MET!

This week I was allowed a maximum of 3 glasses of Coke Zero (my precious) a day and a minimum of 5 glasses of water. I actually had a few days where I only had two glasses of coke. It turns out that the more water I drink, the less I crave the Coke. Go figure!

As of today, I am only allowed 2 glasses of Coke and my water consumption needs to be upped by one glass a day. I can do this. Right? Right.

Goal #3 - Tracking everything that goes into my mouth - GOAL MET!

I carried that notebook everywhere. It was in my purse, on my dining room table, in my kitchen. I felt a bit like a tool but it really worked. I tracked every single morsel of food and drink that went into my mouth. And I will continue to do so.

Having to track everything has also helped me in my planning. Menu planning has become and essential part of my life and being able to track it ahead of time is awesome.


Weight Change This Week : - 400 grams (0.88 lbs)


And there you have it folks. Week 1 of the challenge is over and I'm feeling good about it all. I'll have a post up in a couple days about frustration and how to deal with it in a new way, so be sure to check back. In the meantime, I leave you with this other quote.....

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
~ Author Unknown

5 comments:

  1. Outstanding. Setting healthy, reasonable goals and achieving them. Again, outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I always feel good when I manage to drink all of my water too, and I've also been making an effort to track everything. I've done it for 11 days in a row now, which is the longest run I've had. The working out is harder. We got a treadmill, and I've been trying to either walk on that or ride my exercise bike, but I usually only manage 8-12 minutes a day. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Nice work!! GOAL MET = Great feeling!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job - bit by bit we will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing a great job!! For the last few weeks I have been slacking off! You have given me the motivation I needed!! Thanks!!h

    ReplyDelete