Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fit Date 011.12/149.4

'Allo! It's that time of the week again where I donned my weigh in clothes, trekked down to the centre and sacrificed myself on the digital scale altar. I have to admit that my stomach doesn't churn in quite the same way as it used to, which is a nice change. Now I just heave a sigh, say a little prayer for success and step on the platform.

This week wasn't nearly as active as I had hoped it would be, but it wasn't too bad. I would have been happy to break even or lose just a small amount. As long as the number wasn't going UP, I was fine. And I was rewarded for my efforts with a LOSS!

Start Weight (Dec 28, 2011): 152.3 kg (335.06 lb)

 Weight Last Week (Jan 4, 2012): 150.6 kg (331.32 lb)
 
Current Weight (Jan 11, 2012): 149.4 kg (328.68 lb)

Loss this week: 1.2 kg (2.64 lb)

TOTAL Loss: 2.9 kg (6.38 lb)
 
Just 1.4 kg left to lose before I hit my mini goal of wanting to be at 148 kg by February 1st. YAY for mini goals!

* * * * * * * * * * 

Now, I was recently tagged by Leigh over at Poonapalooza in a little "getting to know you" exercise. I'm supposed to provide 11 random facts about myself and then answer some questions that Leigh has laid out. Afterwards, I am meant to tag 11 other people. I'm going to skip that part, but I'll play along with the questions and the random facts. Feel free to click away now, but you never know...you might learn something!

11 Random Facts

1. Some women collect shoes or handbags and go all gaga when they see them in stores or pictures of them online. For me, it's books. Books, books, books. My favourite inanimate thing. Ever.

2. I have often thought that I was a twin and that she is out there somewhere in the world being hidden from me. Preposterous? Perhaps. 

3. I always thought that spiders would be the most annoying pest to have in my house. Now, after a year of living in a house that seems to be a safe haven for wood cockroaches, I actually permit and enable the spiders to take up residence in my home. I have only one rule for them...they are not allowed to hang down from the ceiling in the middle of the room. Should they be caught doing this, they shall be evicted. To date, only one rebel arachnid has tested the boundaries. I made an example of him. 

4. While I have always been fond of movies, of just about any genre, I have recently started re-watching all the 80s movies which I now realise were not fully appreciated in my more youthful years. As I re-live my youth through the classics like Labyrinth, The Goonies, Princess Bride and anything that the amazing John Hughes touched, I am once again reminded that I have been considerably slack in the parenting department when it comes to these things. Thus, I am relishing subjecting them to hours upon hours of movie goodness. Age appropriate of course. Mostly.

5. I have a horrible talent for dreaming up the "next best thing". Horrible because the ideas usually come to me in the middle of the night, interrupting my sleep and occasionally that of my tolerant husband and also because by the time I look into it online in the morning, I discover some brainiac already came up with it. Two years ago. 

6. I have a dream that one day I will wake up and have all the talent and awesomeness of a CSI or Criminal Minds agent. Being that amazing without having to do years of study would certainly fit in with my life right about now. It could happen!

7. As a teen I had a friend who could stick her tongue behind her teeth and make it ripple, like waves. Despite many hours in front of a mirror trying to figure out how to do that and wiggle my ears, all I managed was figuring out how to flare my nostrils. Much to the delight of my children, I'm now a pro at that. 

8. I can also stick my fist in my mouth. This was also courtesy of the same friend in my teen years. She had a rather wider mouth than I did and could do it much more easily but the two of us and our friend Kelly took great pleasure in doing it in front of my mother. That one simple act was enough to provoke my mother's gag reflex which in turn made us giggle and do it some more. 

9. I consider sarcasm to be another language. I happen to be fluent in it, which is fantastic considering I spent years of schooling learning French, and a bit of German and the only thing that has remained in my brain is the sarcasm. I also do sexual innuendos and snide remarks with flair. 

10. I've never been allowed to donate blood because I lived in the UK for too long during that whole "my cow thinks it's a chicken" phase of the 90s. I'm seriously considering fighting that ruling. First of all, I've never thought I was a chicken, I'm a cow through and through. Secondly? Quack.

11. I can't sing. Or rather, I can sing...but not well. Does that stop me from doing it? NOPE! Full volume, singing away in the shower, the kitchen, the car....I have a diva living inside me and she thinks she's Beyonce. I haven't got the heart to tell her that she's more like the bad auditions on American Idol. 


So that's the 11 random facts, now for the questions:

1. What was your favourite food when you were a child?

I can't honestly remember. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it probably wasn't vegetables. Or stew (gag). Maybe mac 'n' cheese.

2. What is one of your favourite quotes?

"Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life, and when it comes, hold your head high, look it squarely in the eye and say, 'I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me.' " ~ Ann Landers

3. What is your favourite body part?

I can't say that I really have one right now because I struggle with my body image so much at the moment. I like the length of my legs, the broadness of my shoulders and my hair, but I'm working on loving the rest!

4. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be and why?

Um. I'm going to say none. I'm actually enjoying getting older and moving forward with my life. 

5. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?

For fitness/healthy living/weight loss? Jillian Michaels. She scares the shit out of me but I think she'd get me to where I need to be. For general life purposes? Dr. Phil. Say what you will about the big bald fella but he's awesome!

6. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be?

Shemar Moore. One night only. Me, him, beach, cabana, oil, strawberries, whipped cream, awesome music. Obviously in this scenario neither of us is married or otherwise attached, which also means that in this scenario, after one night he would love me so much that he wanted to be with me forever. It's meant to be! He's just in denial. 

7. What celebrity do you get mistaken for?

Erm, not so much mistaken for, but I've been told I bear an ever so slight resemblance to the girl who plays Penelope Garcia on Criminal Minds. The fact that I would love to have the confidence to dress the way she does is just gravy. 

8. What would you name the autobiography of your life?

2 Steps Forward, 6 Steps Back. I'll let you draw your own conclusions from that.

9. What was the first thing you bought with your own money?

I don't know! Probably a CD. I would have been a teenager and earning my money by babysitting. So it would have been a CD or some such thing that I didn't need. 

10. What was the last experience that made you a better person?

Gosh, I don't know! Not bitch slapping the last waitress that completely ignored me, the fat woman, in a restaurant in favour of concentrating on my rather good looking husband? Yeah, I'll go with that!

11. What was the last movie, tv show or book that made you cry or tear up?

"Soul Surfer". I haven't read the book but I watched the movie the other night and it was amazing. The courage of that girl to keep going despite all that happened to her...it really spoke to me. It showed me that I can DO this. I can do anything I put my mind to.

* * * * * * * * * *

So there ya have it folks! My facts, my answers, my weigh in. Have a great day, and come on over and visit me on Facebook won't ya?

4 comments:

  1. Great loss and thanks for playing along:) Great getting to know you a bit better:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great loss last week...keep the momentum going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME LOSS chick... YOU ROCK. So there.

    ReplyDelete